Subject: [Leica] OT: Dina Kantor
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:14:31 -0500

It actually reminded me of the depression era FSA photos. The people of that
area are often physically affected by the contents of the water. Study the
political history of the area, too. Thanks to the eastern European
immigrants, it was liberal not just for Kansas, but for anywhere in the US.
There was a day that we referred to SE Kansas as the "Little Balkans." The
US edition of the Daily Worker was published from that area for a time. But
thanks to immigration form another part of Europe, the area was in part also
mobbed-up.

Bill Pearce