Subject: [Leica] OT: Are we Anal or what? "The Puddle Jumper" / Re: How about this one?
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 23:08:36 -0400

He used Barnack Leicas back then, with the lenses Leica made back then
like the 50mm Elmar. Those were the top of the line (along with Zeiss's
Contax system) bodies and lenses of the time. He used the best 35mm gear
made back then, and...horror of horrors, he upgraded to BETTER gear when
those were superseded by the M-system. He is known to have also owned and
used the M6 and the CL. So much for the notion that gear doesn't matter to
great photographers.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography