Subject: [Leica] OT: Are we Anal or what? "The Puddle Jumper" / Re: How about this one?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:50:59 -0500

On Jun 17, 2012, at 3:24 PM, James Laird wrote:

> WHO CARES?

The artists and craftsmen and women care.

Art and craft objects evolve out of countless choices.
Choices of tools and materials among them.
Every painter I've known has cared about his tools and materials.
Every sculptor I've known has cared about his tools and materials.
Every musician I've known has cared about his tools and materials.
Every writer I've known has cared about his tools and materials.
Every photographer I've known has cared about his tools and materials.

HCB (and every other great or not-so-great)
chose his tools, film, location, composition, focus, and moments of exposure.
They (we) choose our printers (whether humans or machines),
papers, inks, developers, et al.
Each choice is important, organic, fluid and subject to change;
for aesthetic, conceptual, economic or other reasons.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com