Subject: [Leica] Equipments do not matter, / Re: OT: Are we Anal or what? "The Puddle Jumper" / Re: How about this one?
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:05:18 -0500

John Bean (UK) took some fabulous images with a first generation Sigma dSLR
attached to a Russian M42 Zeiss clone, and Gee Bee did some good stuff on
the first generation Panasonic digital P&S (dubbed by Sonny as the "like a
Leica").

My equipment has always surpassed my talents, which is healthily humbling.
All of my first images were crap, and I later discovered that their
technical deficiencies were influenced by a complete crap Durst enlarger
lens. It taught me to stop cutting corners. I got rid of all the crap gear,
so now I'm the crap.

It's nice to have to concentrate on just one issue. Well, maybe two...my
deficient Lightroom skills are troubling.

If I ever have to sell everything on ebay inorderto eat, I will keep the
Fuji X100. Everything else is too big, too heavy, too fussy (film), too
unreliabe, foo loud, or too attention-getting.

Sent from my iPad

Jeffery L. Smith
New Orleans, Louisiana
USA