Subject: [Leica] Profiling camera+lens / Re: Fuji Xpro vs Olympus OMD
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:59:23 -0700

X-rite has a number of products. I use the Colorchecker Passport and with it
get consistent colour across all my digital cameras. It easily creates
profiles from within LR, and stores them so they can be applied as presets
or after the fact. The nicest thing is that for general shooting, you can
create dual-illuminant profiles that I set up with one illuminant being
daylight and the other a medium tungsten, say 2800 to 3000 degrees K. Below
that colour isn't going to be correct anyway as there is too little blue
content. Also, it's best to use two continuous spectra illuminants, rather
than using CFL's or such. You can create specific profiles for specific
light sources which are more accurate when needed. One of the best $100 you
can spend!