Subject: [Leica] Starry Sky Pano
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:59:02 -0700

HI Luggers,
Last night the usual clouds dissipated and the sky was a carpet of stars.
I set up the X Pro 1 on my sturdy Manfrotto tripod and shot a series of
5 second time exposures with the 35f1.4 at f1.4 with ISO 3200.

The resulting 4 panel pano is here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/4panStarsW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7896dv4

It was shot in JPEG - only in camera long exposure noise reduction was
applied - and then assembled
in CS5 with moderate sharpening.

Looking at the lights on the distant shore, on the left is the glow from the
city of Victoria,
then in the centre the lights of the ferry terminal at Swartz Bay and to the
right the
lights of the development at Arbutus Ridge.

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Starry Sky Pano)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Starry Sky Pano)