Subject: [Leica] Professional Use of the M9
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:39:41 -0700

Hi Luggers,
As you know I go every year to the Hong Kong Rugby 7's.
When I started going in 1994 there were a few film Leicas in evidence, used
by some older photographers.
Then both film Leicas and their owners disappeared. This year for the first
time in a decade or more I saw a couple
of professional photographers shooting with long zooms (of course) but also
carrying and using M9's
for wide angle shots.

Here's a grab shot of one one of them - taken with the Panasonic GH2.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Rugby+7s+2012/Leica7_sw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/cbyyqha

So, in their usual niche way, Leica is finding some users who are
professional. Not many but a few.
Just to add to the discussion.

Cheers
Howard