Subject: [Leica] Final Sobol Photos with MM
From: mitcha at mac.com (Mitch Alland)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:54:14 +0700

> Even though the guy is Danish and from the same suburb of Copenhagen where
> my parents lived, I cannot be bothered to watch what is essentially
> advertising.
Wow, a hard crowd here!

Nathan doesn't even want to look at the photos; others complain about the
use of flash; others about chimping; still others about not engaging the
subject. Get real, guys.  There are at least two people facing the
subject(s), Sobol and Sun Hee Engelstoft, whose cinematography is fantastic
and shows talent, by the way. So, we're seeing the actual shoot, but,
obviously we don't have an idea of what interaction there was with the
subjects before or after.

There are lots of different types of photography and Sobols, like that of
Daido Moriyama and Address Petersen is unsentimental and "un-exquisite" ?
it's what I like about it.

?Mitch/Chiang Mai
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10268776 at N00/