Subject: [Leica] Fuji FX-10 solution?
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:02:56 -0500

I recently received an email from Fuji Corp. instructing me regarding
their 'solution' for the FX-10 'blooming' issue. They sent me a form
to fill out which essentially said I needed to send them my FX-10,
postage 'prepaid' (come on Fuji, you release a crippled camera and the
BUYER has to pay to ship it to you?), with the completed form. When
they receive the camera they will either replace the sensor or replace
the entire camera. They do give you that option by way of a check box
stating whether or not you will let them replace the entire camera
instead of replacing the sensor.
At this point I don't know what to do. I have no idea whether or not
the 'new' sensor will be as good as, equal to, or worse than the
sensor that came with the camera. What if they replace the sensor or
the camera with something that's no better than any other run of the
mill point and shoot? I love the camera, and the ONLY issue I have
with it is the 'blooming' problem. Blooming is pretty obvious, in fact
glaringly so, in any shot taken in bright sunlight of any object with
shiny reflective surfaces. So should I wait to see if they have solved
the problem or simply slapped a crappy band-aid on it by replacing the
sensor with a dud? I think that would be the smart thing to do. What
do you think. Has anyone returned their FX-10 already and received a
replacement, and if so, is it any good? I think at this point I'll
wait and see.

Jim Laird

Replies: Reply from gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Fuji FX-10 solution?)
Reply from john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Fuji FX-10 solution?)