Subject: [Leica] Leica M Monochrom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:58:55 -0400

Leica's problem has always been its put its emphasis on pie in the sky glass
on; but on too small a format for many uses. A photojournalist or street
shooter would love it but a commercial photographer would make more use from
a Hasselblad system. As would a portrait photographer. As did a wedding
photographer. Even somebody doing specials for magazines. Real estate beats
glass. By a mile.
Many Leica using photogs from day one also had a Rolleiflex somewhere.
If not in the bottom of their camera bag. Leica made a medium format
enlarger to print the negs you shot with it.

But this is 2012 and Leica has finally with the foresight of its new leader
Dr. Andreas Kaufmann broken out of the 24x36mm bottleneck...
With its new S2 system.
Which I believe will soon prove itself to be the most wanted system to make
quality photographs out today. Outdoing Hasselblad/ Fuji.
Medium format quality with a DSLR feel and handling and with by far the best
glass out there today. Its taking no prisoners.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/