Subject: [Leica] Seair Beaver
From: Barry98 at telus.net (Barry Hinderks)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:58:25 -0700

Actually Jim the Beaver isn't in production. Viking Air has the type
certificate and decided it was too complicated to build an updated
version. Instead they rebuild Beavers they find all over the world.
If they can find the data plate and one square foot of the original
Beaver they can legally rebuild the aircraft - into like new
condition, With the deHavilland Otter they are rebuilding and
converting many to the turbo version. The Twin Otter, however, is in
production at Viking and all production is sold out for the next few
years --- virtually none of the aircraft are staying in Canada. As
usual we don't recognize a good thing when we've got it :-(
BarryH