Subject: [Leica] More photos from Provence
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:32:43 +0100

On the second:

I would crop to take most of the stuff out to the left, **include** the
"utilities" stuff -it is as it is in France, go to B&W, possibly crop further
top (but don't loose too much of the balcony), possibly crop a little at the
bottom. You could also dodge right (or whatever you choose) to darken the
shadow
at that edge and draw attention away from the pipe and wire towards the
centre.

Hope that it helps.

Peter

PS I would put up a version of what I mean, but I am very busy today. Maybe I
will try later

PPS Look up Willy Ronis on Vaison; he lived about 20km away and shot it on
several occasions eg
<http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/vaison-la-romaine-france-1976-news-photo/121510400>
- which is in loads of books