Subject: [Leica] IMGs: A Few More Noctilux Images
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 00:11:47 -0400

I did a whole load of shots with my Noctilux at other than wide open simply
becuae it was not possible to do so without neutral density filters.
And I found the results not distigualble from my other Leica glass.
So I'd not have there be an "oh oh! I'm shooting with an f stop other than F
1 with my Noctilux. My results are going to look like *&^%$"
Its a lens which can be used normally.
If you need depth of field stop down.
If its dark and you don't need depth of field than shoot wide open.
And I'm glad I'm saying this too. Because if I paid thousands of dollars for
a Leica lens which had f stops on it which I could not use I'd feel ripped
off on the whole transaction.
I didn't take it off my camera for a year when I got mine. Not too often at
least. And it worked well as a general purpose lens as any 50mm lens would.
You can stop it down!
IT STILL TAKES PICTURES!
They look ok blown up big on a screen or a print!

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/