Subject: [Leica] Resetting the Frame Counter in the M8: L1010001
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:40:00 -0700

I was very frustrated when my camera started to act up on my recent trip.

If your frame counter starts to act up, or you just want to reset it, here
are directions to reset the numbering sequence...

Turn on camera.

First set the Picture Numbering function in the main menu to Continuously.

Format the card in the camera.

Activate the Reset Fold. No. option that should now appear under Picture
Numbering.

Now option.

If all goes as planned your first shot will be 1010001.  To keep the
numbering going on in sequence, make sure each time a card is swapped that
it is formatted in the camera right before you capture the next image.

This came from Mark Brady at Leica USA, and it works.

How to reset to some other number is beyond the scope of this reset.

Thanks, Mark.

Frank Filippone

Red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Resetting the Frame Counter in the M8: L1010001)