Subject: [Leica] Sensor, Lens, Leica
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 19:23:27 -0400

It's likely that the sensor Leica pics for a camera is not that different
from a sensor the company who makes that sensor would makes for another
camera company.
In the previous era we were shooting our  Leica's with the same film (often
Tri-x) which all the other photographers were using in their Canons and
Nikon SLR's.
What we had going that the Canon/Nikon guys didn't was the Leica rangefinder
focusing and viewing system. And its supreme optics. And its my opinion that
the Leica camera bodies had a better build and broke less than Canon and
Nikon SLR's. Lets face it they just reeked with quality.

Back in that day the key element affecting the final result of ones
photography was your film developing dilution. How you developed your film.
In what.
And at what dilution. And there were more wrong ways to screw up ones film
than right ways to do it right; or better.

Success is in the air. Its close and its palpable.
In the next year the new M digital will come out with a CMOS sensor and the
ISO's we've all gotten used to shoot at and some of the top photographers
will fish their Leica glass out of their attic's. We wont have to pay them
to shoot Leicas. They will be paying us. They will be buying Leica's and
using them with anything they can get used or new to shoot with. Maybe
they've not sold some of their Leica m glass. I know I haven't.
Next Magnum group photo we'll see Leica' M9's hanging around some of those
guys and gals necks. Next year even more. I think in a few years it will be
around 20%. Now its zero.
Yep! the death of Leica was slightly exaggerated.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/