Subject: [Leica] CRUISE COMMENT.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:44:25 -0700

Howard said:
>>> What I find so interesting is how each of us have posted different views
>>> on what we all commonly saw.<<

Hi Howard,
And that's why a cruise and group such as this learn so much in a matter of
a week of shooting, matching, comparing and looking at each others images.
It's a good way simply because everyone is shooting in the same environment
and subjects.

When I was the keynote lecturer at the Leica Cape Cod Seminar we gave a
theme for the attendees to shoot. One year the theme was... "THE COLOUR
RED!" That was it, content could be whatever? "RED!"
Given that some 80 plus shooters photographed pretty well in the identical
area, it was amazing how and what each other saw in the location others
missed, compositions and angles shot of the same content. A great learning
challenge in how one observes the area about them.

Shooting the same area is a wonderful teacher in how we "OBSERVE" waterways,
mountains, trains and planes! As you folks did and here we have seen an
amazing collection of images, each a different view/scene.

When they are looked at collectively and critiqued as the last event of the
day or the cruise, that is the key learning part because "everyone was there
same time - same place and we compare the "observation abilities of each
other and we learn."

Actually that's what is happening with the showing of the Cruise Images
posted day after day.  "How well did one photog see the same subject
compared to another photog day after day."

HOWARD CONTINUED:

" Thanks very much for the encouraging words! The cruise and its ports of
call were so visually rich that it was easy  to pick out subjects.
> Next year, if we do this again, as "Old Hands" we should be even more
> adept at getting better angles of the best views.   Let's go! <<<<<

One could say the folks who went on this cruise have shown their catches and
opened the door for an annual shoot out for the LUG crew next year. And who
knows the year after that and so on. ???????

In any event what we've seen, it was a wonderful boat ride for all complete
with some very interesting photos.
Good on you all!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)