Here is Esther's picture of the entrance to Tunnel Mountain

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/WPYTrain/ETunelshedw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7fm79su

And here is the exit from the other side of the tunnel;

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/WPYTrain/Tunnelswishw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7hcc3ob

I talked to the conductor before getting on the train and he gave me the tip
to a) walk to the car next to the locomotive so that on the ride up you have
the best view of the tail back.
Then when the loco shifts to the other end of the train you are in the last
car on the way day. He also said that since the car is farther away fewer
people will walk to it. He was right - there were fewer than 10 people in
the front car.

Here's the conductor supervising the changeover at the top of the pass;

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/WPYTrain/Cars_amp_Conductorw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7apyrnp

Here is the loco moving from our front to the new front of the train:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/WPYTrain/LocoTurnw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/89o3mum

The weather at the top was much colder and mistier than on the other side of
the tunnel:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/WPYTrain/CarsFogw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7s7anzp

And here we are thundering along between walls of snow:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/WPYTrain/snopixw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7eqmcu7

Now looking out the platform from the rear car the tracks took on a surreal
form:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/WPYTrain/snocurvew.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7zy7buc

Another view of the time. space and infinity:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/WPYTrain/StrTrcksnowBWw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7aabort

That's all for this time. There will be a few more people pictures in the

Please look large.
C&C most welcome, as always.
Howard