Subject: [Leica] OT: When you can't be there
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:39:23 -0500

Thanks Jim. It turns out her 'other' grandfather took the picture, and
I was just looking at it again and noticed the EXIF info was still
there and it was taken by a nearly ten-year-old, 3.2 MP Minolta Z1.
Ancient camera by today's standards. We talk a lot about state of the
art lenses and 36MP cameras on this list and it strikes me as funny
that sometimes it doesn't matter. You don't have to own the latest and
greatest in order to take a great photograph, you just need a little
skill and a great subject. The lighting didn't hurt either. Oh well, I
still wish I could have been there. But at least my wife and I have
this to share and remember. That's what it's all about.

Jim Laird