Subject: [Leica] Another MM Write up
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 02:16:11 +0200

I reckon the reason why the M Monochrom is NOT an
_*M9*_ Monochrom is because it simply does not fit into
the conventional digital rangefinder development
strategy begun by Leica with the M8. It appears to be a
standalone camera planned as a platform for the new and
improved lenses Leica are planning along the lines of
the latest 50 mm f/2 offering.

I also expect the M10 to be a development that will owe
absolutely nothing to what has just been presented in
the M Monochrom. Most probably it will have a new,
higher resolution, sensor with improved high ISO
performance and a higher resolution display panel.

There has been no official mention whatsoever of it
being a limited edition - indeed, why should it be? -
Leica is now gathering in fantastic reviews from all
over the place and is sounding out the demand for it.
The price bracket is admittedly high, but not as high
as for a Hermes, Titanium or whatever edition, and it
is, after all, a rather unique camera.

I certainly won't be buying an M Monochrom, but I still
think its a marvellous and very courageous idea from
Leica, and, along with their massive investments in the
Leitz Park in Wetzlar,  proof that they are back with a
vengeance.

I'm really looking forward to finding out what they
have in store for us for Cologne.

How about an S3, an M10, an EVIL with innovative
adapters like the reverse engineered Hassy adapter (as
an "adequate Solution" for R-lenses and other marques?)
an X Zoom or an X with interchangeable lenses?

Cheers
Douglas