Subject: [Leica] Another MM write-up
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 20:58:32 -0700

Thanks for alerting us of that write-up.

The screen shot of the 100% crops comparing the M9 to the MM at
different speeds is most interesting -- the best direct and apparently
objective comparison I've seen.  The image I'm referring to is at
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8146/7248163262_853753c3bb_o.jpg

It looks to me that there is about a one f-stop advantage in noise --
very consistent with the "native" speed increase from 160 to 320.  The
sharpness difference is obvious in these shots.

Has anyone seen a description of the spectral sensitivity of the MM
sensor?  I'm wondering, in particular, what the red filter factor is.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com