Subject: [Leica] Aaargh. There is a free L1200 Durst enlarger, in San Francisco
From: disfromage at ameritech.net (Richard Wasserman)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 16:32:24 -0500

Mark,

This isn't quite the whole story. I agree that the prices of used darkroom
equipment are very low, although not as low as a couple years ago. The
currently available films from Fuji and Kodak are probably the best they
have ever made and there is still a market for them. I believe film sales
are actually up, but don't quote me on that. There are several very nice
black and white papers from Ilford, Kentmere, Agfa, and more. All is not
lost by a long-shot.

There are still many photographers doing silver prints and selling them?I
know and am friends with several. Come to Chicago, I am installing a show
June 2 in the lobby of Willis Tower (nee Sears Tower) that consists of 28
silver gelatin prints and 13 40x50 inkjets and they all play nice together.

Richard Wasserman

www.richardwasserman.net