Subject: [Leica] Crazy "R Solution" idea...
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 22:14:00 -0700

First, take a look at this:

<
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Modified-Mamiya-6-camera-for-Hasselblad-V-mount-digital-back-with-50mm-75mm-lens-/260950786572

In case you can't see the link, it's a Mamiya 6 (the RF one) modified to
take a V mount digital back.

The seller claims perfect focus. Seeing that Alpa wants you to shim the
back with 0.1mm shims, not sure how much I would give credence to the
claim, but be that as it may...

There is now or will be a "flood" (compare to a slight trickle) of used MF
digital back coming on to the 2nd hand market, partially because of the
D800 revolution...

...and we know that a lot of R lens can cover greater than 135 image circle
(i.e. some can even cover the S2 image circle)...

... so all we need is someone with a hack saw and good welding skill to put
a V mount on a R6.2 and voila, instant R solution.

Anyone with a R6.2 and a hack saw? :-)

--

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] Crazy "R Solution" idea...)