Subject: [Leica] FS: Leica 35mm Summilux pre-asph, Canon 50mm f/1.2 with OEM hood, UV/IR filters, film, misc.
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:15:24 -0400

Regrettably I'm being forced to slim down my kit a little bit more.
This attrition is going to leave me with just my beat up M4 and beat up
DR Summicron if it keeps up!

**********************

For Sale:
Early V2 Leica 35mm Summilux with infinity lock.
Lens was purchased over a year ago from Camera Collectibles and I think
it's in better condition than when I got it.
The focusing helicoid is smooth but has just a tiny bit more damping
than necessary.
Focus is spot on.
The optics have a very small amount of haze visible if you shine a
bright light through the lens. It still looks remarkably clear even
though one can detect the haze. There is also some dust but it's not
bad. Front element has some coating marks but no scratches.
Exterior of the lens is in good condition. Small amount of paint loss
on the barrel where the focusing barrel moves into the fixed lens mount
barrel with the focus and DOF scale marks. My description is worse than
the lens appears.
Aperture blades show a very small amount of brightness but no oil. They
are accurate and have good positive clicks.
Included are a proper Leica black alloy front cap, rear (modern) plastic
cap and a well used 12504 hood.
Aside from my Super Angulon, this is my favorite lens and it is
heartbreaking to get rid of it.
Asking $2200 which includes insured shipping in CONUS.

*******************************

Also for sale:
The earliest known sample of the Canon 50mm f/1.2 LTM lens with OEM
hood. I emailed Peter Kitchingman about this serial number and he said
that to his knowledge it is the lowest serial number in the world of
this sample owned by a shooter.
The lens renders incredibly. This was as close to a Noctilux as I'll
ever get and I couldn't have been happier.
Front element has some coating marks and some wear which can't be
described as scratches but are greater than cleaning marks on the
coating. There appears to be a very fine scratch very close to the edge
of the front element.
No haze internally. There is a small amount of dust.
Focus is dead on according to my M9 and I've not ever noticed any focus
shift.
Aperture blades are clean but show a very small amount of oil
stopped all the way down. Aperture clicks positively and not too tight.
Helicoid is beautifully damped throughout the focusing range and it is
perfectly smooth through the 180 degree rotation. Infinity stop works
beautifully and is smooth enough to almost not be felt when it works.
Cosmetically only the black anodized barrel has marks on it but they
aren't deep or ugly. The chrome bits of the lens are immaculate.
The rare OEM hood is a user though it is not dented. When I purchased
it the grub screws that held in the clamp spring were missing allowing
the hood to slip off easily. I put on a small amount of rubber cement
inside the clamp and spring and attached it to a 55mm filter ring sans
glass. Hood is on quite firmly now and is removable from the lens by
unscrewing instead of by the clamp. If the buyer were so inclined, it
shouldn't be hard to locate the original screws and bring the clamp
back to its original operational spec but this is a not-so-pretty user
so I don't think anyone would really bother.
Even though this lens is 1/4 the value of the Summilux, it pains me
just as much to let it go because of its unique nature.
Rear LTM black anodized cap included.
Asking $600 for lens and hood. Price includes insured shipping in CONUS.

*****************************

Also for sale:
Two very fresh, always refrigerated, never opened cans of Eastman
5222 black and white film in 400ft lengths on a core. The double packed
box has not even been opened.
ISO 200-250 according to Kodak, I have rated it half a stop lower and
two stops higher with great results. This is my favorite film right now
but I don't have the space to load and process film.
Asking $200 includes shipping in CONUS.

*****************************

Make me a fair offer on the following:

UV/IR filter - B+W 486 55mm black slim in Leica case. Optically
perfect.

UV/IR filter - B+W 486 52mm chrome Digital Pro filter in B+W case.
Optically perfect.

UV/IR filter - B+W 486 49mm black filter that I ground down the threads
for use inside the hood of the 21mm Super Angulon f/3.4. Optically
excellent. A few extremely fine coating marks.

UV/IR filter - B+W 486 E39 black filter in B+W case. Optically perfect.

UV/IR filter - Leica E39 chrome 13416 filter in Leica case and box with
papers. Optically perfect.

Canon 13.5cm viewfinder. This is the cylindrical heavy chrome type from
the Serenar lens days. Finder is in excellent condition both optically
and cosmetically. Parallax dial works smoothly and is not loose. There
are a few hairs' widths of black paint loss from the exit pupil but one
has to look to notice. No scratches or haze but there is a small amount
of dust.

Heavystar 46mm vented angled hood.

Match technical Bip soft release (the small convex one.) Like new.

Match technical Beep soft release (the large convex one.) Excellent, a
very small amount of black paint loss on the underside and some dulling
of the gloss on top.

Kipon LTM-M adapter - 6 bit coded. In excellent condition except this
is coded as a WATE (010000) as I was using it on my CV 15mm. NOTE: This
adapter is one that causes the lens to rotate about 20 degrees off-axis
counterclockwise when looking at the front of the lens on-camera. It
will not work with tabbed intermediate focusing cams such as those on
the 8.5 and 10.5cm Nikkors or the 13.5cm Hektor.

Ernst Leitz 5cm LTM-M adapter. In excellent condition but this one has a
factory engraving of 11249 on the front and 1159 on the rear which I've
never seen before. This is only for sale with or after the Canon 50/1.2
sells.

Ernst Leitz 35-135 LTM-M adapter. In excellent condition. This one has
factory engravings as follows: M2 28-35  M3 135.

Thanks all.
Phil Forrest

--
http://philipforrestphoto.wordpress.com/