Subject: [Leica] OT Gotta Rant
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 21:25:44 -0700

Hi Herb,
Lens caps are a pain in the butt!  I buy a new lens the first thing I put in
the cupboard out of the way is the lens cap!

My Noctilux hasn't had a lens cap on it since it was purchased and that had
to be around 1970/ 71?  It hasn't had a lens shade on it since 1980 when one
of the pins in the lens fell out and the shade couldn't lock onto the lens.
I asked Leica Canada at the time about putting a new pin in the outer ring
of the lens and it was going to cost a fortune.

So did my usual KISS treatment and took the other pin out so it wouldn't
keep catching in my camera bag. :-) So the Noctilux has travelled the world
and back a few times with neither a lens cap nor lens hood! :-) And the
glass is as good as the day the lens was made! :-)

cheers,
ted