Subject: [Leica] Leica Monochrome Prices
From: mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 19:52:24 -0700

I like the huge raft of overpriced M6 commemoratives 500th anniversary of
Columbus passing gas...yea, Ein Struck Out of ideas and can't sell my stock
here's a share...great seemed to keep user prices stable and Leica in
business...but here I sit, Leica-free for the first time since college
(1983) looking at my literally war-torn D3s and knowing my next purchase
will be a D800 (the D3s give me build quality, stunning images and the speed
and ISO and 12/16MP? who cares D4) for the price of an M9 or M10 I could
purchase what 3 Nikons. For the price of the new 50ASPH I could purchase 7
Nikkors...

We have always been willing to pay a premium because Leicas (well Leicas and
Nikon F, F2, F3, FM Series and Hasselblad 500x) lasted forever and held
their value

But with cameras becoming an item of rapid tech change (btw a D3 has held
value better than M8) why go with Leica?