Subject: [Leica] 22 Hours in London
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 13:19:24 -0700

> Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 17:01:06 +0200
> From: Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
> Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 18: 22 hours in London
> To: lug Group <lug at leica-users.org>,       Olympus Camera Discussion
>
> All the pictures for last week were in fact taken during a 22-hour visit
> to London Tuesday and Wednesday. I guarantee that there are no pictures of
> the Eye, or Big Ben, or Buckingham Palace or the Tower...but there is some
> nice art from Tate Britain (looking at art, especially modern art, is
> increasingly a big part of my travels), and a variety of other
> impressions. The pictures are presented in chronological order, so in
> effect you are walking along with me through these 29 images:

> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain

Hi Nathan,
Enjoyed your pictures around Tate Britain which used to be near our 'hood in
London when our kids were at school there. In fact we owned a top floor flat
in the building shown in your pictures of 18-10 and 11. It was a long 5
storey climb to the top, especially with big suitcases, and the building was
very old (late 1800's.) The water tank in our flat was slowly sinking into
the flat below us. I called a contractor for an estimate to restore and
level the floor. He took one look and said in his Irish brogue, "Come on
Governor - the slope just adds character". Growing tired of the stairs we
finally sold the Millbank flat and got a bigger one in Kensington. While at
Millbank I used to love to take my youngest daughter, then 9 or 10, over to
the Tate and we would visit just one room and then go for ice cream. This
was easy since there was no entry charge. She is now studying for her PhD in
Architectural Heritage so something rubbed off from the visits!
Thanks for the pictures which triggered such nice memories.
Cheers
Howard.

Replies: Reply from eric.calderwood at btinternet.com (Eric Calderwood) ([Leica] 22 Hours in London)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] 22 Hours in London)