Subject: [Leica] Revised Pano - The LUG is such an amazing resource
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 20:45:55 -0700

Hi Luggers,
I posted some panos yesterday made at Welcome Beach. They were sharp and
detailed but the shadows in the trees were quite dark.
Bob Adler suggested that I look at Greg Downing's tutorial on using the
Shadow / Highlight tool in Photoshop. After using the tool as directed by
Greg I sent the revised pano to Bob and he suggested a further brushing of
the tree area to darken up the trees a bit where I had lightened the
shadows. Here is the result;

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2012/9PanWelBeachXpro60W.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7ot5l3d

which you can compare with the original posting here:

http://tinyurl.com/74epqyp

I think the citizens of the LUG are a tremendous resource for helping us
develop our photo (shop) skills and I want to thank Robert for his help.

It is easy to learn these tricks of the trade when someone takes the time to
walk you through the steps. And learning keeps us all young! (Right Ted?)

Cheers

Howard

PS: Please look large and C&C always welcome.

Replies: Reply from foto at marcdufour.net (Marc Dufour) ([Leica] Revised Pano - The LUG is such an amazing resource)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Revised Pano - The LUG is such an amazing resource)