Subject: [Leica] Academic Dinner
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 20:00:32 -0700

Many years ago, some retirees at a San Francisco Bay Area community
college (West Valley College) set up a scholarship fund to be awarded
to one student each year as aid in attending a university. Each year,
the chosen student would be invited to attend a lunch at which the
award would be announced.

My wife is among those retirees, having taught math there for twenty
years. This time, I brought a camera along to try and get some shots.
They were all taken while I was seated at my table. In the third one,
the person standing is the lucky student.

I wasn't very successful at this, and most of the shots were fit to
be terminally discarded with extreme prejudice, but these three did
not turn out too bad.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1001906.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1001920.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1001915.jpg.html