Subject: [Leica] IMG: Exploring Higher ISO Values
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 19:07:58 -0400

I think it would be a shame for us to forget printing altogether.
But I think of opening a raw file and saving it as a .psd and then .jpeg as
printing to disk. Like we used to call it in the early Mac days with text
capture and so on. You hit one key combination it went to your printer.
Another and it went to your hard disk.

I will say that just rating and tweaking a raw file does not give me that
feeling. I like to save a copy as a Photoshop file at least. But saving it
as a jpeg the important thing is not that I have a jpeg rated five stars on
my hard disk; but that people are seeing it. On the Lug gallery and other
places. That to me is completing my workflo circle and is like having a
print in a box in my side bag to show people at a Starbucks. Or a bus stop.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/