Subject: [Leica] Kalyan Varma Talk
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 10:03:00 -0700

always the dilemma,

here an analogy to medicine....

if an MD made available his training, knowledge, advice free, ultimately
doing free consultations....in some ways it would be seen as very nice,
extremely generous,

how would that impact medicine....

a few possible outcomes...

1. the voluntary payments made to the physician would be very occasional,
and  would be seen as charity, rare and altruistic.
2. the quality of advice given would seen as suspect, as it is free,  "it
has little or no value". Many would rather pay for their care.
3. if a bad outcome were to occur, law suits would certainly result, as the
physician would still be seen as responsible, the legal actions at the same
rate as in conventional medicine...
4. physicians would likely quit, to go into some other more profitable
occupation, likely not photography.

Steve