Subject: [Leica] IMG: Exploring Higher ISO Values
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 10:29:42 +1000

Hi Jim I think that these are perfectly presentable. As you're exploring
means to work with lower light from your tele shots, for managing noise at
higher ISOs with your raw files I suggest that you consider a cheap upgrade
in the form of buying the new Lightroom (prices have dropped). There's an
excellent new book from Martin Evening too if you like to learn more with
it. The tools to reduce noise without affecting sharpness of your detailed
areas are very good and you would be familiar with much of the interface if
you are using a version of Elements currently (?)

If you'd like to send me an original raw file I can send an example back
after processing and some suggested settings to try out if you like. You
can also get Lightrom as a free trial if you want to give it a go.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Exploring Higher ISO Values)