Subject: [Leica] In Camera File Numbering
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:14:31 -0500

Ken Rockwell had that problem after firmware upgrade; here's what he did:

"Now that I'm running v 1.138, here's how it works:

It seems as if my camera has reset itself. All my menu and profile settings
have reverted to defaults. My M9 even reset its file-number counter, which
I was using to keep a running total of shots made.

To get my file-numbers back into my sequence, I simply put the SD card into
my computer, and renamed the last file accordingly. My M9 now number files
from that file number."