Subject: [Leica] IMG: B&W
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:37:59 -0700

Tina Manley OFFERED:

 > OK, I give up!  I'm getting such conflicting opinions!  Some people say
> they are too contrasty, some that they are too flat, some that they are
> too
> saturated, some that they need more saturation, some that they are too
> green, some that they are too yellow.  I'm about to give up and go back to
> B&W!!  I posted all of these photos as B&W:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/black_and_white
>
> Do they lose anything by losing the color?  I like the effect I've been
> getting with PSCS6 but am having second thoughts with all of these
> opinions!
> B&W or color?

Tina MY DEAR LADY! :-)

Under the conditions of opinions by the masses & committees some times it
can merely lead to frantic cries in the night and wilderness! Or a mental
twisting agony of confusion for the photographer or artist, whichever! :-)

There are times when one must bite the bullet, stand straight and screw the
world and it's minions and do what your gut is telling you! Your own thing
in how you feel best about "YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS!" Good, bad or ugly!

It's your baby, you saw, you clicked without thought, other
than...."SEE...CLICK!"  You didn't ask the masses which they liked and which
or how you should shoot or not?

Once again........ "Sometimes a C&C is most helpful, absolutely no question!
Quite simply put... "YOU SAW, YOU CLICKED! GAME OVER, PICTURE TAKEN AS YOU
WERE MOTIVATED!" Not what 22,000 others may or maynot like or comment on!
:-)

So your agonizing cries for help in this case have created a truly twisting
your guts around like a carousel!

So dear Girl stand tall, do your own gut feeling thing! What your insides
make you feel best and go for it! :-)

See how easy that was? ;-)

cheers,
old doc ted!! ;-)