Subject: [Leica] IMG: Kiss, Lee, and Budweiser
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:31:06 -0500

On Apr 23, 2012, at 7:52 PM, Ken Carney wrote:

> What I see in these photos is a limited tonal range, and the detail seems
> to be wanting.  I was wondering...have you tried a high-res scan with a
> drum scanner or Imacon?

I quite agree Ken.

I would definitely want 1 - 10 high-res, professionally done, kodachrome
drum scans of this work;
simply to compare and trouble shoot my own future scanning.

Way back when all my commercial 4x5, 120 and 35 mm drum scanned for
reproduction;
and as the designer using them; I was able to see the quality first hand on
a regular basis.
It's one of the reasons I was never truly satisfied with my own scans.

I tried 4 different scanners and could never achieve the reproduction
quality available on the film
and achievable by a professional operator on a drum scanner.

You owe to yourself, Tina, to see what's really on those kodachromes.
I'm sure it would help you in your own scanning process.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com