Subject: [Leica] OT: Flash for the SWC?
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:46:42 -0400

On Apr 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM -0700, Richard Man wrote:
>I am thinking about somehow hooking up a small flash to the SWC for some
>indoor shots. (yes, I know flash is death) what kind of flash would work? I
>guess I will need to hook it up to the flash sync socket on the lens -
>presumably setting the tab at X (for X-sync?) - what do V and M mean
>anyway... So many questions :-)

Get a Vivitar 285.  They are cheap.  If you want a cord for off camera
operation, I think the Nikon cords work reasonably well for most
cameras.  Maybe the SC-17?

Use the flash on auto mode.  You dial it to a color, look at the dial on
the side of the flash, and set your f-stop according to the color you
selected.  Then make sure your subject is at the right distance.  It
works pretty well.  All you need to do is make sure the photosensor on
the front of the flash is looking at the same subject as your camera.
Even works in bounce mode.

Best thing is, they are cheap.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/61441-REG/Vivitar_233965_285HV_Flash.html

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] OT: Flash for the SWC?)