Subject: [Leica] Third party M to X adapter
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:53:31 +0530

Simon,
This is easier said than done. Focusing even the 90 mm Elmar accurately,
wide open, on an EVF is not for the fainthearted, leave alone faster
lenses. I bought two Panaleicas - the GF1 and the G2, for just this purpose
(to use M lenses) and found it was pretty much a hit or miss affair, and
now just use the former with the excellent native 20mm f1.7 lens. I cannot
believe focusing these lenses on the X Pro 1 would be any easier, though I
have not tried it as yet. I have come to the conclusion that my eyesight,
at least, is not up to it. As it is, if I want anything more than 90mm, I
will just pull out my trusty Nikon D700 and the Nikkor lenses! The Fuji
X-Pro 1, at least for me, would be a wide angle to portrait walkabout
system, and probably the only focal length I would buy an additional lens
is a 18-21mm equivalent (12-14mm range).
Cheers
Jayanand