Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Trayvon Martin Protest
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:08:13 -0400

A few nights ago I was in Manhattan, walking up Bowery, towards Astor
and just as I passed Cooper Square I saw more than ten vans from the
NYPD Tactical Response Unit speed through the intersection down St.
Mark's Pl. I ran up and found that a few hundred people were
marching down St. Mark's protesting against law enforcement dragging
its feet in the Trayvon Martin case. I followed them down St. Mark's
towards Tompkins Square and caught up with the front of the parade of
protesters.
After they went into the park they all quieted down and there was rumor
of a mass of arrests to be made. I didn't follow them further into the
park (I had to get home to medicate an ailing rabbit) but on my way
back west I saw a few protesters carrying their signs folded up and
heading away from Tompkins Square. I didn't hear about any injuries or
any further word on arrests.

Here are a few images:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PhilForrest/NYC_Oct3108/120410_Trayvon/L1007860_E.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PhilForrest/NYC_Oct3108/120410_Trayvon/L1007846_E.jpg.html