Subject: [Leica] Tiger in a river bed
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:05:54 +0800

Hi Luggers,
The afternoon of our second day it was HOT - 41C (106F) and our guide
concluded the tigers would be found in shade near water.
He was right - as he usually is. We found T17 in a damp river bed shaded by
a tree:

Here she is lying still in a 3 panel pano taken with the GH2 and the 100 -
300 zoom processed in CS5:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Ranth2012/3panT17W.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/6mdz6oy

A sleeping tiger soon attracts jeeps and cantors:
Here is a three panel pano of the crowd gathering taken with the Fuji X100
processed in CS5.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Ranth2012/3panJeepsW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7rkkzux

T17 has a lively personality which was on display as she rolled in the cool
mud.
After awhile you want to shoot more lively pictures of animals - like
Jayanand did in Tanzania -
and here is my attempt:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Ranth2012/T17BackW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/d8fwpr2

And here is another less static shot with T17 looking intently down the
gully - listening:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Ranth2012/T17HeadsupW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/7trwmbq

T17 will always be special for me. She was the first tiger I saw and
photographed when I visited Ranthambhore for the first time two years ago.

Please enjoy and look large.

C&C always welcome.

Howard

Replies: Reply from foto at marcdufour.net (Marc Dufour) ([Leica] Tiger in a river bed)