Subject: [Leica] Machli (T16) with a wide angle
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 11:35:34 +0800

Hi Luggers,
Here is a picture of Machli (T16) taken the early morning of our second day
in Ranthambhore.
We were facing the water hole where she lives and she sneaked up behind us.
I took several photos with the GH2 and the 100 - 300 zoom when I saw her and
then,
remembering some one's (Steve Barbour's?) request for wide angle pictures of
tigers, I picked up the Fuji
X100 and fired off three shots. This was the best one 1/200 f4.0 ISO 200.
23mm (35mm equivalent)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Ranth2012/T16HomeW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/74cz8mj

Machli is the queen of Ranthambhore and she and her children (T17 and Broken
tail) have been in many TV series.
She is getting old and the BBC TV crew was at Ranthambhore preparing to film
their final series with her.
Machli's daughter (T17) was my first tiger sighting two years ago and I was
happy to see her a couple of times this visit as well.
Those pictures will come later.

Please look large and enjoy.
C&C always welcome
Howard