Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ancient portraits of Christ
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 16:57:48 +0100

I can't help but think that thye second image of CXhrist looks more Coptic in
style.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:StMarkcoptic.jpg , although this is St.
Mark;
Possibly it even looks Ethiopian (compare for example the standard images of
Haile Selassie). Not surprising though considering the extent of Byzantium at
the time.

Peter Dzwig