Subject: [Leica] Different steps
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:31:27 +1000

Lluis of course you are right. BW film is simply different. I have been
following the rumours about a special version of the M9 for BW only and
maybe it will be announced soon. If so it must mean that Leica Camera
thinks they can sell however many they make and I would guess the price
will be higher than a standard camera based on much lower production
numbers and availability???

I decided that the best option for getting the 'look' of BW film was to get
an M7 again for when I want to shoot that way. It's very nice to have the
option and of course the lenses and operation are very familiar. Now I'm
mixing XTOL once more and enjoying the whole experience as a supplement to
my M9.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman