Subject: [Leica] Hypothetical... M10 B+W.. Would you buy one?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 16:50:56 -0400

Realistically as they are going to make quite a few less of them they are
going to be charging more not less.
Also does a monochrome sensor really cost less than a normal one?
We think so but I'm not sure we know so.

They way they'd sell a monochrome sensor would be to get the results out.
In trade shows have some large prints made on 100% rag paper with rich
blacks and of the same subject from the same angle show the same image made
with normal sensor which appears to not have anywhere near the resolution
and clarity and weight. I'm talking 17 x 22's. With people seeing what they
are really getting and not just a quaint retro sounding and geeky sensor
geek concept there could be a permanent viable market for monochrome options
on cameras from Leica, Canon and Nikon and others. Because shooting black
and white film is becoming less and less of a viable option.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/