Subject: [Leica] cleaning my M8 sensor
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 06:42:16 +1000

Hi Jean-Michel. I have always cleaned my own sensor on M8 and M9. With a
little care it is no problem.
http://www.photosol.com/store/pc/home.asp
I use their "Brush Off, Eclipse Fluid and Sensor Swabs. The swab size you
want for the M8 is #1.
There are good videos available from the page to showthe process/technique
too

Things to be aware of are to ensure that your camera battery has a good
charge and use the menu selection for sensor inspection, never B setting,
never apply direct pressure to the sensor coverglass with anything other
than a correctly used swab, ensure visible grit is removed first with brush
before using swab

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman