Subject: [Leica] Getting what you pay for, Leica vs Zeiss, etc
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 20:22:02 -0700

I profile all my cameras; under those conditions the Leicas produce a
slightly wider gamut than the Canons, and therefore more accurate colours.
As for lenses, most Canon wides are quite poor. The only ones that are
reasonable to good are the 35/1.4, 24 TSE II and 17 TSE, and those are the
only ones I now use. I've tried the Zeiss 21 and 18, but both are rather bad
with respect to distortion and so mostly unusable for me. At least the 24
and 17 Canons have very little distortion.

Henning