Subject: [Leica] 50mm ZM C-Sonnar
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 01:08:41 -0400

On Mar 31, 2012 at 05:36 PM +0100, FRANK DERNIE wrote:
>I fear it is just a dream Jan. The Epson RD-1, a super camera IMO,
>showed it made no business sense. So did the R8/9, sadly.

I'd have to disagree.  How many versions of the RD-1 did they put out?
Three?  I know they were all very similar, but there was clearly some
incentive to keep offering it.

Regardless, I bet if there was a reasonably price (> $4000) digital
rangefinder, they'd have good sales.  Assuming of course they could turn
a profit at that price point.  I'd buy one for sure.  I bet most people
who had an M9 would buy one too as a backup.

I constantly toy with selling all my Leica M stuff and just moving on.
I don't know if I want to afford staying with the system, much less if I
CAN afford it.  I figure I'll wait to see what this year has to offer.
If the M10 is around $7000... maybe.  Only if it has comparable
performance to the newer SLRs on ALL fronts.  If it's $10k, I'll just
write off shooting a digital rangefinder until some non-Leica entity
comes out with one.

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] 50mm ZM C-Sonnar)
Reply from gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] 50mm ZM C-Sonnar)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 50mm ZM C-Sonnar)