Subject: [Leica] 50mm ZM C-Sonnar
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 17:36:24 +0100 (BST)

But what volume would they need to make in order to actually sell at a
profit??
I don't think the market is there to make such a camera feasible. Both Canon
and Nikon sell their top models at a loss, even though their volume is way
more than Leica or "Zeiss Ikon" could hope to sell. They have a plethora of
mass market models selling in vast quantity to fund them. Leica and ZI
don't, and never could have.
I fear it is just a dream Jan. The Epson RD-1, a super camera IMO, showed it
made no business sense. So did the R8/9, sadly.
FD

Replies: Reply from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] 50mm ZM C-Sonnar)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 50mm ZM C-Sonnar)