Subject: [Leica] retro focus.
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 21:49:26 -0700

Bob, if it make any difference to you....  My 75 Lux was way off.  Focusing
behind  by almost 5 feet at 30 feet.  I sent it to DAG to get it calibrated.
Don did a great job, and the lens, at F1.4, at 15 feet or so, is spot on.
He asked me to send in the M8 as well for a mating, but I needed the M8, so
he did the lens alone and it worked.

As much as it is best to mate the lens to the body, the lens should be able
to be done pretty well on its own.  To spec.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

I sent both my M and my Nocti back to have them "mated." Purportedly when I
bought my M and Nocti from the dealer a few months ago, the dealer sent the
Nocti to NJ to have it CLA'd and coded and "brought to specs" with their
standard M9 (not mine). I think you know the rest of that part of the story.
I will get both my M and Nocti back hopefully mid week next week and can let
you know how it is by the weekend.

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] retro focus.)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] retro focus…)
Message from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] retro focus…)