Subject: [Leica] A new M9 comparison
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 23:10:34 -0400

Further to the M9 and NEX-7 comparison and perceptions of the M9 image as
being substandard: Because I realize that it's difficult for different users
of a camera to accurately compare their images with those of others as
viewed online, I asked for and was kindly given a DNG image to compare with
my own, thanks to John McMaster.

I have cut out a full vertical strip from a picture of Wellington, NZ, and
put it alongside one from a picture taken in Maumee, Ohio, USA. I've posted
a large file of the result. Inspection of the image viewed large, and
impressions, are invited:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/desktop_001/M9+comp.jpg.html?g2_fromNavId=x662cd6c3

Very comparable technicals: Both ISO 160 & f/9.5 and shutter speeds of 1/350
& 1/500. Wellington, 50mm Summilux. Maumee, 90 AA Summicron. Difficulty of
comparing pictures of different subjects acknowledged.

?howard

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] A new M9 comparison)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] A new M9 comparison)