Subject: [Leica] Fuji X-Pro1 - Jim
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:42:17 -0400

not so.
you just have to have no dependents.
as a single man with no family and no mortgage i have been in the highest
tax bracket for 15 years.
when my gross income was less than $70,000, my total tax rate was 38%.
now it is 44% and i do not make more than $200,000.

i don't particularly mind it as brookline does me nicely and my tax
accountant is honest.
many people in my tax bracket fiddle with the itemised deductions, declare
a home office, do a section 179 deduction for everything and get their rate
down to 13%.
i prefer to be able to look anyone in the eye. and i like services like
police and fire and ambulance.
our fire service here does not stand around watching a house burn down
saying the folks did not pay the $70 fee. quality of life needs to be paid
for.
bharani