Subject: [Leica] Very O.T.: Apple Mail searchability
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 01:12:49 +0900

Dear Marty, Richard, and Mike,

thank you for the wedding congratulations!  Married life is wonderful,
and (but) it will be a while before I get to process and post any
photos!

As for searching my Mac Mail, the problem is that I cannot search from
within the program called 'Mail'.  My Spotlight is working fine, and
in System Preferences Mail is checked.  I can check for e-mails within
Spotlight, it's just that it searches in and gives results from my
entire set up of hard disks, but I only seek results from Mail itself.

The problem started after I moved to a new internal hard drive.  I
guess Mail is looking for the old disk location for the e-mails.  All
the e-mails are there, and I can scroll down for ages to see them
all.  It seems there must be a way to get my Mac Mail program to be
able to search through those, but I'm stumped.  It's making it hard
for me to retrieve important information, but I don't have the time to
get myself set up on an Apple message board.  Still, I might have to
make the time to do that.

All the best,

Peter

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] Very O.T.: Apple Mail searchability)